House Church Talk - Whatcha singing lately?

Scott Dowlen scottdowlen at cox.net
Thu Oct 16 13:00:34 EDT 2003

David, thanks for posting those lyrics and your prayer.  I couldn't agree
more.

I've never been a huge fan of country music in general, but I grew up loving
Bluegrass.  I guess because my grandparents and great-grandparents on both
sides of my family were musically gifted in guitar, fiddle, harmonica, and
some other instruments.  It was so good when family got together in my early
youth and the music started.

The thing about Bluegrass is how much of it is music of faith and hope and
dependence on God.  I just hear the sweet strains of my Great-Grandpa Brown
playing his fiddle on his 70th wedding anniversary. He didn't make it to the
72nd, but Grandma Brown lived on for quite a few years beyond that.  Similar
story on my mom's side of the family - Great-Grandpa Scott playing his
guitar and harmonica with such energy and joy in his 90's.  Sweet, sweet
memories.  And a legacy to pass on to my kids - a love of music; joy and
passion in singing about (and to) God!!

Singing to the Lord!!
Scott

<<<>>>