House Church Talk - Practical HC Question....

NigelTree at aol.com NigelTree at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 10:18:03 EDT 2003

Dan Beaty wrote:

> If I sound like I am whining, rebuke me, or correct me, or something. But
> the concept of my wife and I was always that each of us obeys the Lord and
> brings something to the meeting for the edifying of the church.
>
> But I have been going through this cycle for about 8 years now. Any
> suggestions?

Oh, Dan. I know exactly what you are going through brother. Happens all the
time. We have seen about 60 people come and go through our home church over the
past 8 years, and still have just 10 adults meeting together regularly.

This is where you start to have some sympathy for church being the building -
without having any people in it to mess it up of course! Getting people to
contribute is a full time occupation and I for one already have a full time
occupation at work.

We live in the entertainment age and people want to be entertained in the
church as well as outside. If you can zap through 100 channels on the television
in 30 seconds then you may as well keep changing churches to find one that is
just right for your current circumstances. Of course, if those change, you
will have to find another church.

Every time I get disappointed my wife makes me stop and look at what the Lord
has done over the years for those who remain and for those who left. We have
seen growth in individuals, we have seen salvations, we have seen healings.
Praise the Lord.

We just have to take a deep breath, praise the Lord, and jump back into the
furnace. One day we will arrive somewhere where no-one will ever let us down
again. Until then.....

Your brother in Christ

Nigel Tree
Prudhoe, England