House Church Talk - City wide vs home church

Tom Kline KLINE1 at webtv.net
Mon Oct 20 00:21:38 EDT 2003

Bruce,
   I appreciate your love and reverence for the word of God.  I guess
just lately I have come to the innate knowledge of God in my
surroundings also which preach much louder and more real than anything I
have read. Because I grew up with a love for books I devoured the Bible
as a christian but lately am fascinated to see real applications take
place in my life.
   I guess what I am trying to say is that anytime I sense someone
operating in the realm of theory, head knowledge or opinion of what the
Bile says quoting reams of scripture about something they have never
experienced I shy away from that because I've been there done that and
bought the tee shirt.
   The whole pope mentality of dictating nuances of God's word as
dogmatic in this day and age is nauseating to me.  We are in the age of
discovery and recovery.  If you build a better mouse trap people will be
blessed.  I think we way over extend our bounds many times stepping into
the roles of a Paul or other Apostle just because we have access to
their writings.
   What I would rather see take place is working models and testimony of
what works for me being led by God's Spirit and the Word in modern day
environments.  When our life and work matches the primitive ones then we
may be a little authoritative in handling the scripture in other peoples
lives.  At least that is what I aspire to.
   One of the problems I feel we have as the people of God is running
with knowledge or vision or revelation before the Lord is allowed to put
all the ingredients into the furnace.  That is a problem called
Phariseeism which is rampant in the land.  Why are we so quick to guide
others when we have not yet arrived?
   Anyway much destruction is countenanced,  we slip into the mode of
Bible answer man which is popery thinly veiled.
   Bruce I admire your pursuit of the Word and your cohesive web of
doctrines that make your life so wonderful but the kingdom of God is not
in word only but also in power.  Feel free to share what is currently
working in you neck of the woods and I'll try to do likewise.  Your
brother, tom.