House Church Talk - Re: the last recorded words of Jesus

Ross J Purdy rossjpurdy at netwurx.net
Wed Apr 7 21:25:20 EDT 2004

>         Hi Ross,
>
> I was also wondering that if the command to preach and baptize was
> limited to those who heard it directly, why did so many others take it
> upon themselves to preach?
>
> Acts 8:4 Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where
> preaching the word.
>
> Acts 11:19 Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that
> arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch,
> preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only.
>
>     your friend,
>
>          David Anderson

Hi David,

Those preachers were all in accord with God's offer of the kingdom to Israel
is the short answer. This program was set aside by the end of Acts where
Paul announces for the third and final time that he would turn to the
Gentiles. I think his ministry to the "Jew first" concluded with the third
strike. From then on it was to Jew and Gentile as equals in the Body of
Christ. This was as Paul explains a new dispensation he had received from
the Lord NEVER spoken of since the foundation. Israel's kingdom was on the
other hand spoken of since the foundation.

In Christ,

Ross Purdy