OFF TOPIC was Re: House Church Talk - Re: chat possibilities

rebelfire at juno.com rebelfire at juno.com
Thu Apr 8 03:02:15 EDT 2004

Dear Flash,

When you work with kids between the ages of 13 and 18, my 45 years of age seems ancient to them.

Yes, we currently live near Big Stone Gap, Virginia and I teach AFJROTC.

The students are not scared but they do have a healthy amount of respect.

A few days ago I was escorting a troublemaker to the office after he chocked a kid in the lunchroom.  He was cursing me, the school and life in general with words that I have not heard in ages.  When he decided he was not going to go to the office, I decided he was not going to get away with it.  I stepped in front of him and told him the office was in the other direction.  He tried to brush me aside (he has me by 4 inches in height and 50 lbs in weight).  I stepped in front of him again and told him in a slow and even tone, "You might kick my butt; however, you will know I was here."  Several other kids were now in the area and from behind me I heard someone say, "Dude, just give up, the old man used to kill snakes with his bare hands and ate their guts raw!"   With that, the kid  turned on his heals and almost ran to the office.

I laughed for almost an hour after I got to my office!  :-)

For those of you who have kids in the school systems, let me give you a heads up, "THE SCHOOL SYSTEMS EVERYWHERE SUCK !"   I am in constant communication with educators all over the country and they all say the say thing.  This generation is the most spoiled, selfish, rotten and violent anyone can remember.  Additionally, educators who are coming out of the college system today are the worst prepared.  They coddle the kids and are scared of them.

Before you burn me at the stake, remember, this is my opinion and is based on my experience and the conversation with other educators.  If you do not agree, you are in your right.

-- flash <flash at mbz.org> wrote:
> http://profiles.yahoo.com/rebelfire59

Dude - You're not even old!!
I got you by 6 years - sorry...
You're from VA? and a teacher?
with black beret - you surely got the kids scared into decent students...
Dan ChiTown