House Church Talk - Re: Baptisms and Administrations

Ross J Purdy rossjpurdy at netwurx.net
Sun Apr 11 07:23:49 EDT 2004

> I myself am not able to accept the premise that the pastoral epistles
> alone are directly relevant. It is in one of them that we read about the
> abiding relevance of all Scripture:
>
> 2 Tim. 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is
> profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in
> righteousness:
>
>   your brother in Jesus Christ,
>
>       David Anderson

Hi David,

I have noted the passage already. Two people can live at the same address
but not all the mail is necessarily addressed to them both. Principles can
validly be deduced from other portions but I think we ought to see what the
last words of Christ on the subject are and whether or not those words come
via Paul the apostle to us. Since Paul is the apostle to the nations, his
instructions from Christ to us certainly supercede anything from Christ
given to the 12 for Israel.

In Christ,
Ross Purdy