House Church Talk - Look who Jesus Chose

Glenn Frank glennfrank at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 25 11:13:16 EDT 2004

Does anyone think maybe that the gifts mentioned in Eph 4, while they might
very well speak of church leaders, might also speak of the Body in general?

For instance... There might very well be those gifted as evangelists... or
Pastors... But they might not necessarily be elders or official leaders of
the church.

Just because one is gifted in a way like that and is called to equip the
body for service does not necessarily mean they are also a 'governing elder'
or anything like that.

I think part of the church has ignored this section of Ephesians because
they think it is only talking to the 'clergy' and is not relevant to
'laity'.