House Church Talk - retirement means relocation

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Tue Aug 3 12:09:24 EDT 2004

    Hi to all readers, near and far,

I ran into an elderly fellow, a former IC minister, the other day at the
post office. I recalled his daughter who was a classmate of mine in high
school and a notorious hell-raiser, being a typical preacher's kid.

He had retired from a long pastorate and I just discovered from church
members there that the pastors traditionally left the church when they
were replaced so as not to cause confusion or jealousy. The thought of
which made me sad.

"Just another consequence of a system gone amuck," I mused.

   David Anderson