House Church Talk - the injured bride

Glenna Freeman glennafreeman at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 08:24:57 EDT 2004

Hi all, I read all the posts; but hardly ever reply to any. Just seems like I read somewhere that Jesus is coming for a Bride without spot or wrinkle?

DanG <dan.dgordon at gmail.com> wrote:Mike Sangrey wrote:
> Why!!!!! David!!!!! You forgot the last line!!!!
>
> See below.
>
> And then the groom was heard to whsiper...but just loud enough for the
> bride to hear...
>
> Isn't she the most beautiful bride you've ever seen?
>
> -----
>
> Ironic, isn't it? The two faces of the Church.
>

> --
> Mike Sangrey

Ya think? Mike?
I can sense a sentiment of that type, kinda, but not quite, perhaps.
Something may be amiss in the translation I am seeing in what you say, but...
I shall watch other comments.
I don't want to join into tattering you or anyone else included as the
bride, but somehow the beauty is never in who we are or what we do.
The bride eyes not her garment, but her dear bridegrooms face, I will
not gaze at glory, but on my King of Grace, not at the crown He
giveth, but on His pierced hands, the Lamb is all the glory, of
Immanuel's land. And, perhaps there is correction in that view also,
but somehow seems to fit better with the theology I know and do not
want to argue.

Anyhow, my thoughts...
DanG ChicagoArea