House Church Talk - the injured bride

DanG dan.dgordon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 17:10:49 EDT 2004

Jonathan Phillip Lindvall wrote:
> Hi Dan. I'm really blessed by your open-heartedness in sharing this,
> although I also agreed with your previous post. Jesus is jealous for the
> purity of His bride, and in the passage you noted, Paul set an example for
> us all to be similarly jealous.
>
> We are already clean in His eyes, but may we acknowledge our need for
> continuing cleansing (sanctification) experientially. We are already a
> pleasure to our Bridegroom, but there is so much more that He will find
> pleasure in, as we yield to His "washing of water by the word" (Eph. 5:26).
>
> Love,
>
> Jonathan

Thinking about this some more...
I still think the vision set forth in the Rutherford song Immanuel's
Land still holds my sway.  While the scripture is clear about our
place in Jesus Christ before God, that is not our vision - ourselves.
Christianity is not a means for us to obtain a healthy or proper view
of ourselves.  Christianity is all about God and His work - btw, that
work is in us by the work of the Holy Spirit and Jesus is the center
of attention.  While there is much to be said about a pure bride of
Christ - Jesus Christ is the center still - not me.  And, I say that
not to tear more at the garments that started this thread - torn,
abused garments.  I say this to draw attention where attention needs
to be drawin - to Jesus alone.  Period.
DanG