House Church Talk - Re: Leonardo Da Vinci's last words

Rick Smith rick.smith at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 24 08:28:19 EDT 2004

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 22:18:33 EDT, <RoyalHeirling at aol.com> wrote:

  <RoyalHeirling at aol.com wrote>

> If we are wearing Christ's righteousness as our robe then let's make
> sure the front is zipped and buttoned so our own imperfect human nature
> is not exposed everytime we take a step.

Good word picture, so long as we are mindful that we did not (and could
not) dress ourselves, and we are utterly dependant on the Lord to clothe
us.
Zechariah 3:4 Then He answered and spoke to those who stood before Him,
saying, “Take away the filthy garments from him.” And to him He said,
“See, I have removed your iniquity from you, and I will clothe you with
rich robes.”

> While we may err from right and cast reproach upon our Savior, yet we
> are not discarded. But to accept sin as a normal experience is to not
> understand what sin is. Sin is against Christ. When we sin we
> demonstrate that in that area of our life we are unlike Christ.
> Everything imperfect about us is an area where Christ is not yet in
> control. Jesus is perfect and when He controls our lives then they too
> will reflect His glory rather than give off a dim light of our own.

I agree - if I am able to walk in sin without conviction, or to accept my
"pet sin" as just a normal human thing, I don't really ahve an
understanding of the price that was paid for me.  However, accepting
Christ and dying to our "old Man" does not remove the sinful flesh we are
wrapped in. It is the mercy of Christ that saved us, and his grace that
sustains us every day and restores us when we fall.  The Word says his
grace is new every morning - which is an awesome thing, since I am quite
sure that by the time I go to bed I have used it all up.

It is right to respond to the awesome grace of God by seeking to "be
perfect, as your Father in heaven is perfect".  But for me it is as
important to not to allow the enemy to use my stumblings and failures as
weapons to crush my spirit and cause me to question my faith and my
salvation.  I must daily remind myself of Romans 8:1 - "There is therefore
now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk
according to the flesh but according to the Spirit."

Grace and Peace,
Rick