House Church Talk - Re: Thought For August 23rd

Adamkwyhmed at aol.com Adamkwyhmed at aol.com
Wed Aug 25 15:08:10 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/25/04 12:26:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
robertlm at gvtc.com writes:

Thought  For August 23rd

A  high-ranking officer serving the Communist party under Mao Tse-Tung,
entered a  village targeted for takeover.  Normally the officer observed to
identify  the leadership, then executed them under false pretenses and seized
control.  The officer saw a man pushing a wheelbarrow filled with manure  to the
field and stopped him.  "Who is the mayor of this village", the  officer asked?
The man replied, "I am the mayor.  May I help  you?"  The officer snapped
back, "You're not the mayor.  Mayors  don't push manure to the fields."  The mayor
calmly replied, "Well, they  do here, because we are Christians and in
Christianity, the leaders serve  those who follow them."  What a novel approach in
contrast to the  performance of contemporary Western leadership!

The officer was so shocked, that he dismissed the guard with him,  telling
them he was going to stay and observe before taking any action.   The Communist
Party believed many of the villagers were Christians, and that  was the
primary purpose of the takeover, but this village seemed very  prosperous in the
midst of poverty in the area.  The officer learned the  spiritual life in that
village started when Watchman Nee shared the gospel  there and salvation came to
all the villagers, and the Lord blessed  them.  This entire scenario was
curious to the officer, and he began to  ask questions, which led to his
salvation.  Following his new-birth, he  felt called to share the gospel with Mao
Tse-Tung.

Mao didn't receive the officer's evangelistic witness well, and  the officer
found himself in prison.  The prison administration pressed  him to renounce
Christ and again confess that Mao was god, but the officer  refused.  His
refusal infuriated Mao, who decided to make him an example,  because he was the
highest-ranking officer in Mao's army to defect until that  time.

Mao first threatened to execute his  wife and children unless he renounced
Christ and confessed that Mao was  god.  The officer refused and Mao carried out
his threat.  The  officer had to watch his wife and children's execution.
Then Mao brought  in the officer's nearest relatives under the same threat.  The
officer  still refused to renounce Christ and watched as his parents, wife's
parents  and all his near family was executed.  Mao then followed the same
strategy with the officer's extended family and friends, and still the officer
refused to renounce Christ.  Mao then ordered him into prison.  The
Communists cast him naked into a 6' x 6' concrete cell with no bed, and only a  hole in
the corner to relieve himself.  The orders required the guards to  beat him
daily and only feed him soup once a day.

The officer survived the beatings, malnutrition and exposure to  the cold of
winter, and over the course of twenty years, thinks he led  approximately
ninety percent of the guards to Christ.  The guards began  to bring him pieces of
the Scripture, which he memorized.  Following  Mao's downfall, the officer was
released and he headed out across China as an  itinerate preacher.

An American involved in  exporting into China, as allowed to bring and
distribute Bibles, and on a  business trip, encountered the itinerate preacher.  The
two got  acquainted and the American businessman invited the preacher to
America to  help raise funds for Bible distribution in China.  After having toured
 the United States, the preacher was asked what impressed him most about
America.  The preacher replied, "What you can do without God.  I  could be a
wealthy man in China if I just collected the trash in any American  city and took
it back home to sell.  In most of the churches I've spoken,  they just don't
worship the same God I do.  Your god is a god of  convenience!"

What a stinging retort.   In closing, I would ask if your god is for your
convenience, or do you serve  the True and Living God of the Bible, as did the
Chinese itinerate  preacher.  No one I know has had their faith tested, as did
he, but I  would ask if your beliefs were challenged as were his, could you
stand the  test?

Hope you have/had a good and Godly  day.

Shalom,

Ken

All Rights  Reserved

"What is it to gain the whole world and yet lose your own soal?"

Dear Brother:
Thank you for reminding me of the simple, but powerful, message concerning
Christ being my all in all.  The things of this world will not save us,  only
Jesus Christ does.  In all that I have lost, if I still hold onto  Jesus, even
if it just the hem of His garment, I still have more than I will  ever need.

Sincerely and may His Shalom be with you too,
A Fellow Bond Servant of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Persecuted  Church,
Adam K Waggoner