House Church Talk - inclination toward ceremonial

Dan Beaty dlbeaty at copper.net
Mon Aug 30 22:11:29 EDT 2004

Bruce,

Your story about the choir director looking to the needs of the elderly
gentleman relates to me well on following the servant example of Jesus. I
also agree with Bruce that there are spiritual analogies there as well.

While I doubt that Jesus intended us to develop a ceremony of foot washing,
I have seen the value of this ceremony from my younger days. There is
something about getting down on your hands and knees and washing anothers
feet which can really touch both the giver and receiver. If am am truly
willing to humble myself in this way, there is a chance that other
opportunities to serve will not be as easily missed.

Dan Beaty