House Church Talk - Pattern or simply an adaptation?

jim pierceall jpierceall at brtc.net
Wed Feb 4 10:46:13 EST 2004

> True enough.  Power corrupts, and although God permits and even anoints
> kings, God's perfect will would be that there be no kings.
>
> Peace be with you.
> David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.
>
>----------------

Hi David M...  O;>)

I would suspect our exercise to be one of learning, there is but One King
for the One Kingdom...  One of lasting meaning anyway...  <something like
that>

Granted there are other kings, for the many other kingdoms..  more
kings/kingdoms to rise and more kings/kingdoms to fall...  Oh the shifting
"sands" of this planet known as Earth

This saying, as reminder, seems appropriate about now:  Matt 7:24-27

24 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into
practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain
came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house;
yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But
everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice
is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down,
the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it
fell with a great crash."
NIV

You wrote <w/ winky>  > Nevertheless, the primary editor is the accomplished
historian named
> Philip Schaff. I'll take his opinion on history over that of popular
> writers any day.  :-)

I respond <w/ winky O;>) >   Seemingly Philip Schaff would be in great
demand...  pointing Archeologists to locations and sites, that fruitful
digs might commence... in order that "evidence" might be won...  but
pointing
only to ancient texts, and the mutually held "circle assurances" that
pre-325 dedicated edifices existed, that hasn't produced much, other than
curiousness...

I mean if indeed church buildings existed - the lack of " many such
evidences" would seem to rightly suggest - the building would be the hybrid
and NOT the "norm"...

Now please don't misunderstand me...  I suspect several did exist...  If we
could just locate where
Diotrephes <who loves to be first> lived, we might just capture a king in
the making, as he build himself a palace, with contributing supportive
subjects..  O;>)

JimP - kentucky

 "So if anyone tells <us>, 'There he is, out in the desert,' <we>do not go
out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' <we>do not believe it.

<or if anyone tells us, "we have found his house in the holy lands
(earth/dirt/laid in ruins), let us duplicate this earthly holy way" - we
surely know better...>

For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so
will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28 Wherever there is a carcass, there
the vultures will gather.

Somehow I am left to wonder, if we found an early church "carcass", if the
vultures wouldn't be found in celebration???