House Church Talk - Re: Was baptisms Now dispensations again

Bruce Woodford bwood4d at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 8 01:30:23 EST 2004

Hi Dan,

Personally I find it difficult to assume that Jesus did return in A.D.70
when I am not aware of any record in hidtory of the cataclysmic events that
are prophesied to immediately precede His coming. Nor am I aware that the
Mount of Olives was ever split in two as will happen when He returns.
Zech.14.  Nor am I aware that all nations have ever been gathered together
about Jerusalem intent on destroying Israel.  I think if that had ever
happened, and those nations had been destroyed as scripture prophesies that
they will be, there'd be records of it!!!

Furthermore, if the Lord Jesus had returned in A.D. 70,  the millenial reign
of Christ, the resurrection of the wixked and the great white throne
judgment would all have taken place long ago and we'd likely have been in
the new heavans and the new earth by now!

Re. your thoughts on the usage of thwe term "this generation", I'll take
another look and get back to you.

Your brother in Christ,
Bruce