House Church Talk - Re: What is it?

flash flash at mbz.org
Tue Feb 10 09:07:28 EST 2004

> The Lord has a wonderful Present for us.
>
> Can anyone tell us what it is?
>
> Running to Him,
> Phillip & Mary Cohen

Joh 17:17-23
    17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. 18 As thou hast sent me into the
world, even so have I also sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself,
that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
    20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through
their word; 21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they
also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 And the glory
which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23 I in them,
and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou
hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Kinda sounds like the Beatles were making a mock of this, among many things - I am he, as you
are me, and we are all together. - or whatever the real words were, I am recalling from memory
and that is only what I heard, not what was sung...

But, I would say that what John wrote is what we generically speak of as being in His presence.
Do we have His presence today?  Is that sorta kingdom? - getting back to partial preterist talk
here... ;-)
Dan ChicagoArea