Virginia HC Seminar & Re: House Church Talk - Health Insurance

Jonathan Phillip Lindvall Lindvall at BoldChristianLiving.com
Fri Jan 23 14:02:07 EST 2004

David Anderson <david at housechurch.org> wrote:

> Well, you might enjoy this piece by Jonathan Lindvall. This article was
> originally published in Home School Digest:
>
> http://www.boldchristianliving.com/text-only/articles/insuranc.html
>
>         David Anderson

Hi David & all. I appreciate your referring people to this. It has
offended lots of folks, but that's not the intent. Ultimately the issue
of insurance is about our hearts. Where do we put our trust? Even if we
had a Christians-only insurance group (thus avoiding the "unequally
yoked" problem), it would potentially seduce our hearts from trusting in
the Lord.

It's good to "bear one another's burdens," but that is after the need is
real, not becoming surety (inSURE) for one another to protect against
potential (feared) "acts of God."

I've been asked by a couple of people if my position on insurance has
changed since the article was written. Although the article was written
in the form of questions, rather than conclusions, even at the time I
was quite clear about the heart issues.

Insurance is not sin. If the Lord leads someone to purchase insurance,
follow the Lord. If it is required by government regulation (as in auto
insurance), obey the Lord's command to submit to the civil authorities.
But also know that insurance can insidiously deceive us into finding
security in something other than Jesus.

Another subject:

David, I'm going to be in your neck of the woods next month (Feb. 13-14)
to present a house church seminar. Chris DeCollibus, one of the brothers
we walk with here, will be co-presenting this workshop with me in Big
Stone Gap, Virginia at Mountain Empire Community College. For more
details, call 276-679-7987, or you can e-mail me.

Love,

Jonathan
--
You can subscribe to the free Bold Christian Living E-mail Newsletter
by sending a post to <boldchristianliv-subscribe at welovegod.org>.

God bless you.

Jonathan Lindvall                    Lindvall at BoldChristianLiving.com
Bold Christian Living              http://www.BoldChristianLiving.com

PO Box 820                                         Voice 559-539-0500
Springville CA 93265                               Fax   559-539-0804

...He who has begun a good work in you will complete it...  Phil. 1:6