House Church Talk - Prayer needed

Phillip Cohen spiritfilledhome at juno.com
Fri Jul 2 17:30:25 EDT 2004

Hi Liz,

Prayers are rising for you. Tough stuff you're going through. Been there;
done that. Fact is, any type of church, big or small, can fall into this
kind of butchering. Your best insulation is to snuggle so close to God
that you don't need to internalize the jabs.

There's usually an element of truth behind the slander. (Only Jesus was
exempt from that.) We left a denomination we had been with for 25 years.
I was quite well known in those circles. We experienced massive rejection
and wholesale slandering. We developed the slogan, "Work on your
character, not your reputation." Live so that the next time those people
meet you, they're shocked because you're shining from the refining
process, not wallowing in bitterness and self-pity.

Phillip
spiritfilledhome at juno.com
God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.
1 John 4:16