House Church Talk - cessation of spiritual gifts

Ross J Purdy rossjpurdy at netwurx.net
Fri Jul 2 01:53:31 EDT 2004

Hi Glenn,

You ask, "Did Paul live to see the completion of the canon of scripture?" I
can speculate that he did and I do, but that is not germane to my
understanding of the perfect which I think is something altogether different
to the completion of the canon (but not necessarily totally unrelated). I
believe that whatever communication they needed they had, even if it was
only a part of what we call the New Testament writings. I suspect various
churches had collections of letters from Paul mostly and perhaps a few other
apostles most of which we do not have (and of which we were not intended to
have).

In Christ,
Ross Purdy