House Church Talk - Re: cessation of spiritual gifts

Adamkwyhmed at aol.com Adamkwyhmed at aol.com
Sat Jul 3 22:37:02 EDT 2004

Dear Sir:
I perceive that you are more into deviding the body of believers than
building and edifying each other up.  If you wish to live a life without  miracles,
that is your choice.  G-d will not force them upon you.   However, do not
force your choice of living upon others.  We are each to  work out our own
salvation with fear and trembling.  As for being able to  have answer to everything,
that very statement conotates that you are being  proud.  You are not the Holy
Spirit.  Also from the point of view of  learning, the moment you think you
know everything, you cease to learn anything,  and become fixed upon what you
have learned.  I am being easy on you,  however I take issue with you forcing
your views of cessation of gifts upon  those of us who see them being
demonstrated every day.  You state that they  will turn us from glorifying Jesus
Christ, however in my growth I have learned  to recognize that these gifts would not
be possible without the intervention of  Jesus Christ: both in giving and
implementation.  So I glorify  Christ.  That is what the Holy Spirit does.  My
dear sir, You need to  repent from calling the works of the Holy Spirt, by the
impartation of Jesus  Christ, working through the body of His,(Jesus Christs'),
church, as being  delustional.  You need to thing higher of others than of
yourself.  If  not, pride is at your door, waiting to cause you to sin.  I hope
you take  this rebuke, meant in love, and consider your ways.  If not, than
the  Master you serve is not the one who saves and reconciles, but rather
condemns  and destroys, and I will have no part in following "your" definition and
form of  messiah.  If you are insistant on not repenting from the error of your
 ways, to me you will become anathema.  My hope and prayer,  though, is that
you would repent and be reconciled with the body of  believers.
Sincerely,
A fellow BondServant of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Persecuted and
Suffering Church,
Adam Waggoner