House Church Talk - Baptist utilization of house churches outside the USA

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Thu Jul 8 22:39:41 EDT 2004

      Dear name-withheld,

I was informed by name also withheld that the pastor of the church which
you attended has heard of your participation in a house church and spoke
negatively of house churches from the pulpit. I understand that you all
are also "expecting a visit."

You might want to inform the representatives from this church that the
Southern Baptist Convention claims to have started hundreds of house
churches in the previous years. This information comes from their own
documents and a video entitled "Church Planting Movements."

I will get these materials into your hands asap. Here's the url of one
such document to get started:

http://www.imb.org/MissionsPartner/somethingnew/cpm.pdf

I'll continue to pray for an amicable meeting - one in which truth and
love prevail.

    your brother,
    David Anderson