House Church Talk - Purposeful Church/WWW CHURCH

Bruce Woodford bwood4d at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 21 20:58:52 EDT 2004

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your post. I believe you are right in that the emphasis ought not
be on our ACTIVITY when we are together, but rather on the realization that
THE LORD IS CONTINUALLY ACTIVE all around us. If we keep that front and
center and seek just to be vessels that are clean and available for Him to
use "WWW",  our lives will always have purpose and meaning even if we don't
understand what is going on!

I really liked you thoughts relative to Matt 11:28.  In fact, just a few
days ago, I received an e-mail on that very text which I really enjoyed and
have been mediatating on it ever since!

Here it is:
"the e-ncourager on Mat thew 11:28-30

I used to believe that getting into the yoke with the Lord was about dumping
my burden on Him and at least cutting my load in half. In light of the
Gospel being Christ in me (Col.1:27), I realized that could not be the whole
meaning, so I restudied, and believe the Spirit corrected me.

Because I am in Christ and He is in me, being in His yoke means He
accomplishes at least twice as much, not half, because He is living through
me by the Spirit. The yoke is easy because He is pulling it. It is light
because He is bearing all the weight.

The resulting rest is the true rest that comes, not from doing less, having
less pressure, stress or less responsibility, but from getting much more
done but in His power, God working through me. When Christ accomplishes much
through us, we are amazed at His power and grace, sigh, and rest indeed.

Fix your attention on Him today. Look over at Him from your blessed and
privileged place in His yoke and constantly tell Him how great He is doing
and how much you love Him and count it an honor just to get to walk and work
with Him all day long! Tonight you will enjoy the rest and sleep of the tree
which bore much fruit, but exerted no energy of its own to do so because of
the Life that is within!
the e-ncourager is a regular online devotional to build up and encourage
believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. Please share / forward it freely as the
Lord leads. Subscribe to theCamp7 at aol.com

What an awesome privilege to be called to be "laborers together with God" in
such a yoke!

Your brother in Christ,
Bruce