House Church Talk - Visualizing Christ

Phillip Cohen spiritfilledhome at juno.com
Fri Jul 23 09:04:24 EDT 2004

OK, let's try again.

We're to follow Christ, right? We're to listen to His voice. We're to
have a personal relationship with Him. We're to become like Him.

If I would get to know you, I can visualize what it's like to become like
you.

But for many Christians, Jesus is only a bunch of words in the head. They
(we) don't know the real Person. They pray to the air, or to themselves,
instead of to a real person. They read the Bible as a complex weaving of
doctrines and commandments, instead of hearing a message from a real
person.

Before the Flood, God said man's imagination was evil continually. God
gave us an imagination to use for good, not evil. When He created us in
His image, He breathed in us the passion to create: ideas, images,
inventions, solutions. We can create love or hate. We can look on the
positive or negative side of a situation, simply by what thoughts we
choose. Each of us has a concept of Jesus. For some, He's vague and far
away. For others, He's real and living inside. This all takes place in
the imagination. The movie screen of our minds. Imagination can be
healthy and produce godly results.

So, what does Jesus look like to you? Who is this Person you're wanting
to become like? Once you're like Him, how will you know? How do you know
His voice when you hear it? Please don't just quote words and scriptures
you've been trained to say. Be real.

Please don't try to pervert what I'm asking. It's not demonic. It's real
life stuff.

Blessings,
Phillip
spiritfilledhome at juno.com
God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.
1 John 4:16