House Church Talk - Re: House Church Talk Digest, Vol 3, Issue 214

Lee Underwood leeu at cfl.rr.com
Fri Jul 23 23:31:38 EDT 2004

You know I never did care for someone who "knew" something about something
but never really had no discernment. But I am going to go out on a limb
here ...

It seems Phillip that you are just trying to get closer to Jesus in this
cold, dying world and the enemy is coming at you hard. I may be wrong. It
wouldn't be the first time. We are all trying to stay close to Him. It
really is a cold cruel world but the Lord said to have hope, He overcame
the world.

Living in a country that is based on physical things - touching feeling -
makes it hard to grab on to the spiritual. But that is what we must do. We
must remember who Jesus is and who we are.

Phillip, I too do not understand what you mean by "mob spirit". If that
means brothers and sisters reaching out to help another brother then I say,
"let there be more of this 'mob spirit'". If we didn't care we would keep
this dialog up.

You know Phillip, three months ago I left a group of people, a "church",
that I had attended for 12 years. I was involved in a leadership position,
I had worked for them full-time for the past two years. I saw the power of
the Lord in the midst of that body ... but ... somewhere along the line
most of the people just got comfortable in their lives and didn't want to
draw close to the Lord. They spoke more about "the church" they belonged to
more than about the Lord. I started to seek the Lord about 1.5 years ago
regarding it. Finally, He drew me out. He gathered me together with a few
other brothers and sisters and I have drawn so close to Him in the past few
months. Even now, I feel sorrow at what was; the worship and attitude of
service to the Lord was so great. Now ... in three months, out of 120
people, 3 have called and two others have written. They are afraid of what
I have entered into ... a one-to-one relationship with Jesus, the
resurrected Lord and King. No longer do I depend on someone else for that
relationship. It is up to me. Even now, as I write this, I can feel His
presence stirring in me. (Glory to the mighty King!)

Phillip, I urge you to not take these words - mine and those of the other
brothers and sisters - and think that they are an attack against you. This
is what the body of Messiah is all about. Encouraging each other, helping
each other to stand strong. Do you know why Jesus sent the disciples out by
twos? So they would have someone else to strengthen them and encourage
them. Because Jesus knows we long for physical contact. Why do you think
this e-mail list exists? For the past few months I have drawn strength from
reading about other brothers and sisters who have experienced the exact
same thing I have. I have shared them with a few others who left that local
church with me and they too are also amazed.

I pray that you take this time and just cry out to Him. He is waiting ....

With love, your brother,

Lee