House Church Talk - More cage rattling and some deep pondersings--wandering out into deep waters

DanG dan.dgordon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 11:45:24 EDT 2004

Phillip Cohen wrote:
<SNIP>
> We must stand at the bar of God with these questions. The devil and the
> law accuse all of humanity. But Jesus and the Holy Spirit sit as  defense
> attorneys for any sinner willing to let Them represent us. We know that
> God's heart is much larger than ours. (He's shown me that again and again
> in so many profound ways since I left the denominations and began running
> to Him.) It seems that He has more room for sinners crying out to Him
> than He does for Spiritless and/or Bibleless religious people who think
> they've monopolized God. How large God's heart really is, we don't know.
>
> Keep yourselves in the love of God.
>
> Phillip

There is a very important concept imbedded in one word here that I am
sure you know and recognize.  And, lest we get into looonger and
greater heated dialog, we shall not go there.  But it represents the
fundamental that needs to be recognized between each of us as we
fellowship, otherwise there will fail to be fellowship, really.

Well, that is enough to raise everyone's hackles, I am sure, so I will
leave it up to others to express what that subtle but pronounced
difference may be here.  Email to me offlist is not limited by the two
post limit here, so bang away your commentaries to me offlist if you
wish.

Thank you Phillip for expressing these thoughts.  Wouldn't ya know, I
would put a verse up to be a "proof" text <-- some will accuse me of
that, I'm sure, but I take it as Truth.  I deal with Truth in the end,
not humanity.
1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom
of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor
adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor
extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

I know - we are all sinners saved by the complete work of God in Jesus
Christ our Lord and Saviour, but we are known as christians, not wife
beaters, not drunks, not effeminate, etc.  These will be christians in
the church - yes, but not effeminate or other revilers.
DanG ChicagoArea