House Church Talk - Where God is Moving

Phillip Cohen spiritfilledhome at juno.com
Mon Jul 26 16:16:36 EDT 2004

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 12:42:22 -0700 "Claire Bennett" <clairebnntt at cox.net>
writes:
> I was involved in various New Age practices before that term was
> popular.  It was all because I was sincerely searching, and had
> written off the Judeo-Christian system as I felt it was something I
> was familiar with and knew it had no answer, so I felt the answer
> was elsewhere.

Same here.

> I agree that in these times, the Lord will pour out his spirit upon
> all those who are seeking him, and lead them into truth.  I believe
> he will redeem the vilest sinners and raise them up.  I also agree
> that he has warned and admonished the lukewarm, compromising church,
> and while a few will be rescued, most will be swept away in
> apostasy.

Yes. And although there may be a mighty move of God among these people,
only those who respond over the long haul will be saved.

> Here is where we come in.  We can be part of reaching out to many
> who the Lord will take hold of.  We can take part in that great
> miracle.  We know that Jesus made a beeline for the outcasts.  We
> were joking at our meeting Saturday night that we should call our
> group "Gluttons & Winebibers," for our fellowship practices. :)

Yes. We need to ask God to stretch our hearts beyond our comfort zones
until our love is as big as His. Our spiritual eyes and ears need to be
opened so wide that we sense the deepest cries of the farthest-away
sinners. My old wineskin was to only reach out to people who agreed with
me in doctrine, lifestyle, or temperament. The new wineskin is to hear
the cry of their hearts. If Christ receives them into His Kingdom, we
must receive them into our hearts, and let God protect our purity.

Phillip
spiritfilledhome at juno.com
God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.
1 John 4:16