House Church Talk - Visualizing Christ

Phillip Cohen spiritfilledhome at juno.com
Thu Jul 29 10:57:56 EDT 2004

Everyone please read this. Thanks.

Some of the best advice I've received in the past couple of years is to
contribute to discussions I agree with, and take a gentle, laid back
attitude toward discussions I don't agree with. That is, unless there's
gross error. Sometimes, by taking a passive back seat for a season, we'll
see the heart of where the person's going.

It would be nice if discussions would proceed like that on this list.

Somehow, we're finding that grace in the fellowship I attend.

A lot more could be gained by discussing (not debating) other aspects of
visualization. For example:

        Visualizing Bible events as though they happened today.
        Visualizing various ways a Bible passage could be applied to
practical, everyday life.
        Visualizing myself walking in higher perfection in Christ.
        Visualizing my lost friends and relatives, saved and enjoying
Christ.
        Visualizing my family coming into deeper relationship with God
and each other.
        Visualizing myself an old grandfather who's children and
grandchildren are all living faithful, fulfilled Christian lives.
        Visualizing my wife and I, 90 years old, sitting on the porch,
holding hands, watching the sun set.

With no vision, we perish. Vision propels us forward with hope. Vision
gives us higher goals than merely surviving through the day. Sure, we
live one day at a time, and commit the future to God. But we still build
and plan and dream. And somewhere along the upward road, God will take us
home.

Resting,
Phillip
spiritfilledhome at juno.com
In quietness and confidence shall be your strength. Isaiah 30:15