House Church Talk - fatal house church attraction

Dan Beaty dlbeaty at copper.net
Sat Jul 31 12:10:57 EDT 2004

Jim,

I really relate to  your story about finding true inner peace and joy in
Jesus. As a matter of fact, that true inner peace kept me through many times
of turmoil in our former church experience.

There did come a time, however, that I believe the Lord wanted me to feel
His grief at situations and injustices that were taking place in a place
where justice, peace and joy were to be characteristic.

When I began to express my concerns, some people thought the problem was in
me. I am not saying that I have no problems, but I have noticed that when
people are happy and satisfied in their own lives, they tend to overlook the
needs of others. The Lord had begun a wake up call in me in that area.

This can be difficult for some of us in HC or non-traditional forms of
church. We have had our eyes open to things that we once were blind to. Now
we tend to look for problems and faults and errors instead of "looking unto
Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith."

In Him we can have not only inner peace, but peace with others in His
Kingdom. May that peace be manifested soon among us!

Dan Beaty
Columbus, Ohio
www.livingtruth.com