House Church Talk - Remembering Ron

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Wed Jun 9 17:34:08 EDT 2004

 Hi all,

Character + courtesy = class. Now that's a needful lesson for us. Add to
those an uncommon sense of humor.

Character and courtesy - do those mark the house church circle? Hmm, how
often has it been heard: "OK, I guess you won the argument, now I'll
become a Christian or now I'll leave organized religion."

Ronnie believed in something and, unlike many today, acted out of
conviction, aka character.

"Tear down that wall, Gorbie!" he said.

("Tear down that wall, clergy!" say we.)

When accused of not being a regular churchgoer, I wish the chief
executive could have replied: "Why, we, the church, meet every day right
here at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. for worship, prayer, singing, and
encouragement. Do join us whenever you can."

Ga. Washington, btw, had in-house services each Sunday night.

Amazing Grace, by John Newton, was played today. The author refused to
join the Church of England because they didn't practice "mutual
exhortation."

Reagan used to say that the best was yet ahead for America - I trust that
is certainly true for him. RIP, brother.

    David Anderson