House Church Talk - Re: Jesus-Centered Celebration Time (3/13-14) Review!

forwarded forwarded at housechurch.org
Wed Mar 17 22:21:17 EST 2004

Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:41:18 -0800 (PST)
From: Thomas Shou <thomasshou at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Jesus-Centered Celebration Time (3/13-14) Review!

Dear HC saints,

For those of you wondering how it all went last weekend - the verdict is
in....

Last Sat (3/13)
LORD showed me so clearly again that I have no idea what a "Celebration"
gathering looks like, esp. when over 20 saints from different backgrounds
gather together to share their lives and stories with each other for a
day.....the bottom line was my very loose outline of the day went quickly
out the window, as a HUGE joyous Family Reunion occurred before my eyes
--- I said these saints came from different backgrounds, yet to my
surprise most of them knew each other from past history and "meatings"
unbeknownst to me! So it TRULY was a GIANT and kinda chaotic Spiritual
FAMILY Reunion for many saints -- some of these saints had known each
other for over 20 years and had walked together for a time and then ended
up in separate places -- Now they were all under one Happy HC roof! So I
learned the precious lesson that you can't organize a family reunion --
it completely takes a life of its own! which can be both good and bad,
depending if all are sensitive to the Spirit's leading s!
tep by
 step....
But on Sat, some more vocal brothers went on and on....so just intros
alone took us into the afternoon! (some intros went on for 30 min...but
PTL some blessed personal testimonies were shared!)

Bro Zion didn't deliver his message until almost 2:30pm! He focused on
God's desire for a Home to call his own from day one (from OT to NT),
beginning with that first Wonderful Heavenly Family of the Father and His
only begotten Son! Zion declared strongly that only housechurch was
"normal church" and it is altogether God's wisdom to set the church, His
house and resting place in the resting place of man, man's home. I had no
idea Zion could preach with such power and clarity in English! That was a
wonderful surprise and blessing for all!

I learned from this day that the best thing for saints to do when they
gather together (whether 3 or 30) is have no set agenda, but just let the
Spirit lead anyway He wants the time to go -- in "meatings", songs,
sharings, teachings, etc...and let it end when it ends...I also was
reminded again that when saints come together, the "meatings" around the
meals (breakfast and lunch) are such a beautiful and integral part of the
gathering -- that's where much real relating happened... and I felt like
the "bad guy" always telling people to re-convene for the "real" meeting
time.....Leave as much time as needed when saints get around the meal to
fellowship!

The miracle was that out of all this chaos we actually ended ahead of
time in a time of singing (intro my new "church revival song" and prayer
before 5 pm that day! I was pooped but happy to see the LORD put together
this big reunion!

BUT The biggest blessing this weekend came on Sun (3/14)! where the
Celebration DID continue into our normal home gathering.....stay tuned!