House Church Talk - children oppressors, women ruling over them

Claire Bennett clairebnntt at cox.net
Mon May 3 11:02:21 EDT 2004

This may be a prophetic vision of our time.  Children are our oppressors.  The schools are so afraid of their children that they need metal detectors and armed guards for protection.  Who are the violent?  Youth.  Parents are afraid to displease or discipline their own children.  They oppress them.  My 12 year old has started to back seat drive :) - had to put a stop to that!  The criminals and major worker bees in terrorism are youth.

Women rule over them.  As Adam preferred to please his wife rather than God, we see men who would rather please their wives or a small radical group of women rather than God.  This does not denigrate the mutuality and one-anothering of the NT believers.  It is talking about men who are weak in character - like Ahab or Samson.