House Church Talk - darkness & light

Claire Bennett clairebnntt at cox.net
Sun May 9 13:16:35 EDT 2004

Jonathan, I took phrase from your post, I don't have it in front of me.  You made a statement about your views and it implied that those who didn't follow them were in darkness, I did not come up with this myself.  If women cannot participate in prayer, sharing, exercise of spiritual gifts, etc., that is more than being silent during a portion of the church meeting.  It sounds like women are allowed to chit chat and help in the kitchen, but not take part in anything meaningful.

My typing posts on this lists is simply a different medium.  So, as we on this list are the church, I am not being silent in the church.  I don't see the difference.

Another question:  At what age is a male allowed to speak?  Twelve would be the age of bar mitzvah.  We get so much from the kids in our hc, and they don't even know it.