House Church Talk - Questions concerning leadership

Dan Beaty dlbeaty at copper.net
Mon May 10 22:41:08 EDT 2004

Jim P.

I stand by my original post. Paul was not embarassed to exhort other
believers to follow him as he followed Christ. He also exhorted the leaders
to lead. From the time I began following Christ, I am grateful to have had
older, wiser, more experienced saints who were further along in the journey
than I.

Some had suffered in ways that I have yet to comprehend, but in the process
became intimate with Him to the extent that His grace flowed from them in
exceptional ways. Some have gone on, but the memory of them continues to
inspire me to walk with Him more closely.

Jesus asked Saul of Tarsus, "Why are you persecuting Me?" For as much as
Saul had done to the least of these His brethren, he was doing this unto
Jesus.

Those who reject God's messengers in the name of "We have Jesus as our
Leader," are in fact rejecting His leadership in their lives. That point
should really not be difficult to see, given the multitude of testimonies in
the Scripture. But then, many "relational" Christians have rejected the
influence of the Scriptures in their lives as well.

Dan B.