House Church Talk - speaking

Tim Poole pooletim at hotmail.com
Sat May 15 21:08:18 EDT 2004

Bruce said,
"Nor can the covering that a woman is to have on her head (when
 she prays or prophesies) and which a man is not to have on his head (when
he
 prays or prophesies) be THEIR HAIR!  All you need to do to see how
 ridiculous such a position is is to insert into the text the phrase "hair
 on" in place of "covered" and  "hair off" in place of "uncovered"!!!"

In response,
Niv 1Cor. 11: 7 footnote (vs. 4)  Every man that prays or prophesies with
long hair dishonors his head.  (vs.5) And every woman who prays or
prophesies with no covering (of hair)on her head dishonors her head-- She is
just like one of the "Shorn Women" (vs.6) If a woman has no covering. Let
her be for now with short hair. But since it is a disgrace for a woman to
have her hair shorn or shaved. She should grow it again.(vs.7) A man ought
not to have long hair.

Sorry, scripture trumps your opinion. In Christ, Tim