House Church Talk - Stamps or Branding

Claire Bennett clairebnntt at cox.net
Sun May 23 17:03:44 EDT 2004

In response to Jim's post about stamps; it makes me think about the process of holding someone down and branding them.  Maybe that is what has happened to a lot of us.  I know I don't want anyone's brand - in all ways the word is used.  If Jesus has imprinted his word on our hearts, then why do we accept man's brand in the flesh?

Rambling a bit here - when I was a new believer, I thought the brand offered to me was the only one available.  Then I was introduced to all the various competing brands, tasted some of them and each had their pluses and minuses.  I used to review restaurants, and do other feature writing, so this is the viewpoint I am coming from.

Then I realized I didn't need the packaged processed product, or the advertising and packaging that came with it.  I am seeking to get the pure product, as close to the original source as possible.