House Church Talk - a lesson from the election

Dan Beaty dlbeaty at copper.net
Thu Nov 4 22:23:34 EST 2004

David,

You have a point there, my good buddy. It looks like the toleration for
things that are abominable to God turned out to a disadvantage for John
Kerry and others. Many people evidently felt the time had come to stand up
and say enough is enough.

In looking at the maps I really realized how the country was divided up
between the larger cities and the rural areas and smaller cities, from which
most conservative votes came.

In fact, my city, which some still view as a "cow town" gave more of its
votes to the liberal side.

Like many other Christians, my interest in the political side of America has
increased in recent years. For a some years I doubted that Christians had
any business in this arena. I still do not know much about what goes on, but
believe that we should at least express our convictions on the more serious
issues.

Dan B.