House Church Talk - God good to 9 generations- what about generational curses?

Dan Beaty dlbeaty at copper.net
Sun Nov 7 09:56:32 EST 2004

David and all,

It is clear that godly examples can influence many generations. My
grandfather was a preacher in the early days of the Pentecostal movement.
Four generations later my son is hungry to serve the homeless and addicted
ones in our area with the Gospel.

But I am hearing a lot of talk these days about "generational curses." I
realise that all are under the curse of sin, but also that the sins of the
fathers are visited on the children of the third and fourth generation of
those who hate God.

There is no doubt that often times the chain of addictions and abusive
behavior continues its hold on several generations. But does that mean we
have to all go to "deliverance services" where generational curses are
identified and individually broken?

My experience in coming into Christ was becoming a "new creation, old things
passing away, and all things becoming new." Is anyone on this list able to
explain this other concept to me?

Dan Beaty
Columbus, Ohio USA
www.livingtruth.com