House Church Talk - Re: Yet another newspaper article...

NigelTree at aol.com NigelTree at aol.com
Wed Nov 17 03:43:16 EST 2004

In answer to Jeff's point I believe that there is only one "church" in a
town or location, which will be made up of believers that worship together in
different "places of worship" within that area. This is true whether they
worship in buildings called "churches" or in homes. If this is true it doesn't
diminish the number of worshippers and true believers if some move from one
"place of worship" or "format of worship" to another. However, I agree that it  is
sad that so many Christians cannot seem to get on with each other. I have
seen so many acrimonious church splits, including within home churches, that one
 almost despairs at times.

I do take your point about the concern of whether small groups will keep to
the true faith and not go off on some sort of tangent, but agree with Glenn
that  by and large we keep each other on the right path. However, we always
thought it  important in our home church that we should have an outsider who
agreed to make  himself available for any of our members to speak to if they had
any concerns or  disputes with what was being said or done within our home
church. We chose an  elderly "elder" from another "church" who has much experience
and wisdom.

Every blessing in our Lord Jesus Christ

Nigel Tree
Prudhoe Home Church, Northumberland, UK