House Church Talk - Re: Yet another newspaper article...

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Wed Nov 17 12:28:39 EST 2004

>I am truly sorry if I am unable to see justification in why many people
>leave their church families.

Jeff, sooooo good to hear from you. Where have you been? I know you are
sincere in your inquiries and we'll be glad to compare notes with you
anytime.

Truly, there is only one church, regardless of how or where she meets.
The great principle of fellowship is that all are one and should be
welcome wherever other Christians are. And don't overlook in this
discussion the fact that those in traditional churches rarely mingle with
those in other churches. True? It's called turf protection and it
displeases God.

The newspaper article was about 2 couples meeting as a church. I would
submit that these four do indeed constitute a "church family" as you call
it. I would also venture to say that they would cheerfully welcome any
other Christians who would drop in, particularly their own family
members. I seriously doubt that their goal is to stay as small as they
can and still be a church.

Jeff, don those proverbial first century sandals and imagine an era when
folks married early and lights went out early. You, at a mere 40 years,
could find yourself in a crowded room with the adoring gaze of many
children and grands fixed upon you, their elder. Surely all these would
constitute church, would they not? Add some neighbors and servants to the
mix not to mention your own wife and perhaps your own parents, too.

We should ask at this moment if Scripture acknowledges household meetings
as bona fide church meetings. I say yes, all day long.  :-p

One other thing: Years ago I found a fat paperback book in a used book
store by the person mentioned in the article, one Natt Krupp. The book
was about evangelizing the whole world. Surely, this guy doesn't live in
isolation.

Are you a dad, yourself, Jeff? I remember you telling us long ago about
how you met your wife. Some guys, I recall, were speaking of her in a
disrespectful way and you stood up for her. Man, that's neat.

May the Lord direct your steps, brother.

     David Anderson