House Church Talk - The mind of Christ

David Anderson david at housechurch.org
Sun Nov 21 14:41:37 EST 2004

Calvin Miller has a book of things like this "Sonnet to His Brain"

      ----------------

Gray, wrinkled, three-pound thing, I clearly see

I cannot trap you with an EEG

You nervy organ, you, skull cased, yet free,

A brazen challenge to psychiatry.

Soft mass, I cannot help resenting you

Each time they search and probe for my IQ.

Half of Einstein's lobe was twice of you,

You joyless megavolt computer shoe.

Be careful Judas organ, or you'll find

God cauterizes every rebel mind.

You small gray lump, you always seethe and grind,

Spend small electric currents thinking blind.

Yet, you're the only shabby place I see

That God's Great Mind may come to dwell in me.

Rick J, did you get your livestock moved?

Dan B, did you get back from your big trip?

Remember to pray to Janet M (http://janetmurphy.net) whose hand was
recently injured.

Sunday is a day of praise and testimony on House Church Talk . Off-topic posts are
actually encouraged.

     David Anderson