House Church Talk - Re: Biblical reasons for leaving IC's

RoyalHeirling at aol.com RoyalHeirling at aol.com
Wed Nov 24 22:20:45 EST 2004

All,

I think the HC has been going and growing through an important experience of
rediscovering who we are and what God's will is for His church. This has been
written to express another view of this experience, to attempt to scripturally
validate the coming out, and to encourage continued study, discussion, and
growth. I am eager to see how this is received and interpreted by the body.
Forgive me, I am not the best writer, but the message is important.

       "My heart is inditing a good matter:
       I speak of the things which I have made
       touching the king:
       my tongue is the pen of a ready writer."

If it is as David suggests, that the body is dispersed all over the world and
that there is no requirement for this body to interact physically with one
another then it is also true that while God knows those who are His, we do not.
Nor can we say that those who meet under differing circumstances than we do
are not members of the same body. Because the body is not composed solely of
those who fellowship bodily with one another, but as it is written, "Other sheep
have I which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear
my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

What is this voice of God that calls His sheep into the one fold but, "I
heard another voice from heaven, saying, 'Come out of her, my people, that ye be
not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.'" Now if it
matters not how we believe or worship as long as we all worship God, then why
does God call them out of Babylon, a false system of worship? It is because
they cannot develop a right relationship with God while holding onto these false
concepts (doctrines, teachings, beliefs) of God's character and purpose and
will. If they do not know, they cannot believe. And to know correctly requires
they hear the truth. For there will be those who suppose they know His perfect
will, and Him, but to their dismay He rejects them in the end. As it is
written, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the
kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father." They cry that they have
done His will as evidenced by their prophesying, casting out of devils, and
many wonderful works in His name. But His reply to them is, "Depart from me, ye
that work iniquity." "I never knew you."

So some may say that these represent legalists trying to earn heaven by their
works. But I say they could also represent the sincere but deceived. After
all, there will be many who worship the beast and receive his mark. These are
they who wonder after the beast with the whole world. They think they are
worshipping God but they are really worshipping the dragon which gave power unto the
beast. [Rev 13:2-4]. This means they are not worshipping God at all, but they
are really worshipping Satan. "The dragon was cast out, that old Serpent,
called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world." Note that Lucifer
wanted to be like God and sit upon His throne. It only makes sense that he
would establish a counterfeit system similar to God's plan but giving worship to
himself as a god. So the call to God's sheep is to come out of this false
system of beliefs which deceives the whole world.

Let's take a quick look at the reason why all professing Christians won't see
the error or hear the message to come out. It must be because they "received
not the love of the truth, that they might be saved." God will allow them to
believe the lie. They will actually believe that they are right and that the
true followers of God are deceived. And people say it is not as important what
we believe as who we believe in. I say we cannot worship God according to our
own ideas but we must worship Him according to His methods and will--be it HC
or IC. This is what we hope to discover here.

So, then, as an HC we should be calling people into the truth. But we cannot
give this call unless we ourselves know the truth. Now here is where many will
be offended. We all like to think we have the truth. But the only truth we
can be sure of is that we don't know all the truth. We each know some of the
truth and some of what we know is distorted because we have learned it from
Babylon's teachers and preachers who work for this false religious system that the
Bible says is inhabited by devils and every foul bird and which deceives the
whole world. These are our roots. This is where we came from with all the
trimmings.

Does separating ourselves physically from the IC constitute a coming out?
Yes, in a physical sense. But a geographically dispersed "church" which is of one
spirit and one faith, and thus one Lord, is also of one body. The unity is in
the spiritual fellowship and not in the proximity of the believers. Else, how
could the HC, which is geographically dispersed, World-Wide, be of one body,
one spirit? So then the "coming out" cannot be merely a physical removing but
it must be a coming out of that false body by leaving behind any half-truths
learned along the way. This alone will severe the spiritual oneness and severe
the ties to the body. Then we may join a new body, the spirit of Truth. Partly
we have done this by refusing to allow that hierarchical characteristic of
the IC to establish itself in the HC.

My desire for the HC is that it become the pioneer of truth and bring the
message that "the bride groom cometh" to a waiting world. This will awaken the
sleeping "virgins" to trim their lamps and go forth. And I think this can happen
if we will take everything we learned in the IC and put it under the scrutiny
of scripture to see if that is actually what the Bible teaches. This is the
voice of God in our hearing. This is the message I see in Revelation's call to
come out. Come out of the error and learn to love the truth. Search for it
daily. Don't be willing to hold onto any cherished belief simply for pride's
sake. We need to love truth more than we love ourselves. As Venning said, "Those
who never retract their opinions prove they love themselves more than truth."
We should be ever so willing to let go of anything and everything not sustained
in scripture.

I become very upset when I hear Christians scorn the truth, saying, "It's not
so important what we know. Knowledge won't save us. Our relationship with
Jesus is all that matters." This has some elements of truth to it. Our
relationship with Jesus is most important. And, knowledge cannot save us. But, Jesus is
the truth, and knowing Him is knowing Truth. We cannot worship the true God
unless we worship Him in ways He prescribes. Outside of this we worship a false
god. In the end it will be known whether we worship the beast, a false god
with a false system of worship, or the true God, the creator of Heaven and Earth.

The Jews were God's chosen people. Yet, they were involved in a false
religious system. Jesus came to this Earth to give them a correct view of God so that
they might have eternal life.

       "And we know that the Son of God is come,
       and hath given us an understanding,
       that we may know him that is true,
       and we are in him that is true,
       even in his Son Jesus Christ.
       This is the true God, and eternal life."

We know the outcome of that era. "He came unto His own, and His own received
Him not." They could not hear God calling to them to "come out" of that false
system because they were too proud to humble themselves and learn from so
lowly a commoner as Jesus.

To summarize; if the HC is truly different from the IC, then it should have a
different faith than the one the IC has. A different spirit, a different Lor
d, a different body. Physical separation does not severe the body parts, as we
have learned. The unity is made or broken by Truth and error. If the IC is
wrong and in error, then why should we hold onto their system of beliefs? Why
forsake just the hierarchy? Why not forsake the beliefs which fostered that
system? When we fellowship in the truth, then we will be among that body which
fellowships in the spirit of truth. Then we will be of a different body for
certain. I think the HC is going through this experience in many faucets with
discussion of leadership, deacons, elders, tithing, etc. Let this dialogue continue
and let it expand to encompass everything we were taught by the IC. Let's
revisit everything we believe and see if scripture supports it. If not, let us
abandon it. If so, then let us hold it fast.

May God be our only Guide!

Jeff L in Richmond.

*
Prayer is the opening of the heart to God as to a friend. Not that
it is necessary in order to make known to God what we are, but in
order to enable us to receive Him. Prayer does not bring God down
to us, but brings us up to Him.