House Church Talk - HC visiblity

Dan Beaty dlbeaty at copper.net
Fri Oct 1 00:05:06 EDT 2004

Sean,

Thanks for the reply. We have done some meetings in public parks and Trailer
camp parks ourselves. You have touched on some of what I had in mind.

Philip,

I also appreciated your statement about having a Kingdom view of other
believers instead of us vs them. Some of us also visit the churches of our
Christian friends on occassion. Just this week some of us helped a local
pastor and his wife move, and enjoyed fellowship with the others involved.

Mat 5:16  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good
works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

This sounds like a deliberate effort to me. Instead of hiding our light, we
are to bring it out into the open for His glory. What I am desiring is for
the light of what we who have been called to home church, or NT church, or
whatever you call it, to become more brilliant and visible. Our growing
together as a family in Christ is a good work which might very well lead
others to the light of Christ.

Yes it is His light primarily, but Jesus did say it was also our light, and
that we are the light of the world. So if we believe that believers can
truly and more fully experience the Headship of Christ over His church in a
home setting, then we should be excited about more people becoming involved.

Dan Beaty
Columbus, Ohio
www.livingtruth.com