House Church Talk - Failure

Phillip Cohen spiritfilledhome at juno.com
Sat Oct 2 06:37:40 EDT 2004

If you have failed recently, or are facing something in your life that
could fail, here are some words of encouragement.

Don't worry about failure; worry about the chances you miss when you
don't even try.

If we never failed, we would be God.

People who are successful often fail many times on the way to success.

God is not surprised when we fail. He understands.

Turn the fear of failure into the fear of God.

We need to decide whether we want to risk the pain of failure or the
regret of never having tried.

Spiritual growth is a saint falling down and getting up, falling down and
getting up, all the way to heaven.

We fail now so that we might succeed later. We fail in the temporary so
that we might succeed in eternal.

We fail outwardly so that we might succeed inwardly. Many times when we
fail on the outside, it's causing us to succeed on the inside.

It is better to fail in a cause that will ultimately succeed than to
succeed in a cause that will ultimately fail.

We can fail without being a failure.

Sometimes our failures turn us inward to our relationship with God.

When we fail we need to ask God to help us learn from that failure so
that we can become more like Jesus.

When you fail, don't try to cover it with fig leaves. Simply admit it.

Failure can be the highway to success, if it teaches us to seek a
different route.

Accept failure as a fact of life, not a way of life.

When we fail, the temptation is to wallow in self pity. But the best
thing we can do is make sure we're right with God, get up, and get going
again.

Phillip
spiritfilledhome at juno.com
But the LORD is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before
him. Habakkuk 2:20