House Church Talk - Tonights meeting

Dan Beaty dlbeaty at copper.net
Sun Oct 31 00:28:08 EDT 2004

Hello everyone.

Has anyone else received any HCTalk posts for the last few days?

Well, I just thought I would share what has been going on in our HC lately.
One of the brothers has been doing Bible studies with different small groups
using work booklets which he shared with me.

In the past weeks several were concerned about their need for more Biblical
understanding. We have sharing from the Scriptures usually, but sometimes
the discussions tend more toward personal issues and conversation.

When I showed these lessons, everyone there at the time decided to start
using them in our regular meetings. One family was not there, and because of
work schedules were not able for some time.  But later it was discovered
that a different meeting time would accomidate their schedule.

Anyways, shortly after the books had arrived and we began using them last
week. Later in the week I received a call that the one family was
uncomfortable with these additional structured teachings, and while still
friends, would not be coming to the meetings.

Tonight we had our second session with the booklets and it was wonderful!
While we are sad that our friends did not enjoy what we believed to be of
the Lord, it felt so good to be digging deeper into the Word of God and
building a stronger foundation in Him.

Dan Beaty
Columbus, Ohio USA