House Church Talk - The Purpose Driven List?

Claire Bennett clairebnntt at cox.net
Wed Sep 29 10:27:45 EDT 2004

Phil, it looks like you have gotten a number of replies, sometimes you just need to be patient.  As far as guilting people into another program, most of us are pretty wary.  I am thankful this is not the Purpose Driven List :)

Gary, a number of people thought they could bring reform to the church they were a part of or the church in general.  They learned this is not possible.  I believe, that at this time, all we can do is urge the faithful to come out of her.  It is not reform, but repentence that is needed, and only a few will repent.

You seem fearful, and some of your qualms are common to people who have been in cults.  I think if you connect with some of these people and understand something of the process of manipulation and thought reform that takes place in bible based cults, you may gain both insight and some light on your future path.  I pray you will encounter loving people who will help you get free.  There is such a need for ministry to the wounded stumbling out of abusive churches.  I've found it so sad that many turn to atheism/agnosticsm.