House Church Talk - About the "Gospel of John" movie!!!

forwarded forwarded at housechurch.org
Sun Feb 29 10:11:15 EST 2004

From: Thomas Shou <thomasshou at yahoo.com>

Dear Saints,

I saw "The Passion" too! Too much emphasis on "the passion/intense
graphic suffering of JC". Really a profound meditation on Isa 53. THANK
God it ends with His glorious resurrection! albeit too brief! (I was the
only one in the theater who clapped at the end....!)

BUT, the new MOVIE and DVD to SEE SAINTS IS "THE GOSPEL OF JOHN"!
THAT is also the movie to show to unbelievers -- way more balanced and
powerful!
HOW can it not be, since it is a word for word rendition of the Gospel of
John from Ch.1 to Ch.21! Very realistic acting (Jesus is wonderful!) and
no departures from the true Gospel story! See it and tell me your
thoughts!

It's playing at the Milpitas Cinemasaver 10 for those who wanna make the
drive....for only $3.50. But I guarantee you it will be the best $3.50
you will ever spend for a 3-hour movie!

Blessing to your "meating" on the Lord's day!
Thomas & Lucy

We welcome any of you who are in the Palo Alto area anytime!