House Church Talk - specks and motes

Liz Smith liz.smith at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 24 09:29:23 EDT 2004

Hello brothers and sisters,

I am confused and maybe someone can help me out.  I have been reading all
the posts about visualization.  I have tried to not be biased because,
yes, I was VERY deep in new age and that brings up "stuff" for me.  I have
also tried to understand what Phil is trying to accomplish also.

But about the responses: isn't it our responsibility as Christians to
point each other in the right direction?  I mean, let's say my sister in
Christ is stealing (and I'm not comparing anything here, just giving an
example) -- shouldn't I go to her and correct her if she's in error?  Or
do I need to wait till I have no faults?  If I use this scripture (Luke
6:42  Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out
the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam
that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of
thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that
is in thy brother's eye.) to mean that I cannot correct anyone until I am
perfect, what will become of us?

I have been on email digests, brothers and sisters, that got nasty, and
yes, they were Christian lists (ok, mostly women too).  I was embarrassed
to be part of it.  But I don't see that as the situation here.  I have
only witnessed love.  I grieve for the person who thinks correcting
another brother in love (and obedience) is wrong.  THAT speaks of the
"world" to me.

I have seen Mat thew 18:16 in action here, as best as can be done on an
email list.  And no one is judging a person here - they have tried to
correct an action believed to be wrong.  Feel free to correct me if I am
wrong.

My thoughts,
Liz

--
The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are
safe.  Proverbs 18:10