House Church Talk - Visualizing Christ

DanG dan.dgordon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 23:27:04 EDT 2004

I've been pondering this visualize christ issue.

I cannot really come up with a reason that I need to do this.
Could someone who knows what this is explain to me what is this
visualize christ practice?  I am at a total loss to understand what
this is.  I am at a total loss to understand how it is a practice that
I could/should desire?

Honestly - perhaps someone could explain it to me again, patiently,
clearly.  My imagination just is not very good on this one.  Seeing
Jesus along a seashore with waves taller than him - just does nothing
for me.  Seeing Jesus in my mind eye among some children - I don't
know - it is not appealing.  I am not being sly in my request, nor
implying that it is stupid - just, I do not have an understanding
about what I think I have seen explained on this.

Maybe someone can help?  I think we have analyzed it as much as we can
from a new age perspective, a biblical perspective, etc - but I just
am at a loss as to why? or what good might draw me into desiring this.
 Please explain?
DanG ChicagoArea