House Church Talk - Visualizing Christ

jim sutton goodword at bresnan.net
Wed Jul 28 19:15:13 EDT 2004

DanG <dan.dgordon at gmail.com> wrote:

>The strong words by Lee and Adam pointed to a unique character of God
>- His immutable ways in creation.  God is not accepting of all.
>Heaven is not a place where all men will be.  That is immutable - it
>is His place, He decides.  Men for centuries have argued that reality
>so let's not go there - nonetheless, heaven is not a place of my
>creation nor yours.  Heaven is given not of works - it is a gift of
>God, lest any man should boast.
>
>You speak of acceptance among brethren.  I agree.  And I agree, I am
>learning more about that.  However, not everything is profitable.  So,
>the watchman - not Job's friends - provided strong words about the
>subject at hand this past weekend.

Yes, I had a hunch that you might have some very specific words in mind, and
no others.  But I'm still a little lost, Dan, as to what you mean.

I did read what Lee said in his recent posts, and also what Adam said.  But I
guess I missed the particular message and the "watchman" thing you're thinking
about, and how it fits into what you've been saying.

I did appreciate what Adam seemed to be saying.  But Lee seemed to only be
talking about his disappointment with the list, and with me in particular.  So
I didn't see anything beyond his anger there.

Maybe you can help me out.  Could you be very specific as to what the strong
words were, so I can see what you're looking at?  Maybe if I stand where you
are, and look in the same direction, I can see it too.

Jim