House Church Talk - "bounce" policy changes

forwarded forwarded at housechurch.org
Fri May 14 14:13:48 EDT 2004

    Hi all,

There are many people who try to post to House Church Talk  who are not on the list.
Spammers, they call them. They post to lists to get the shotgun effect,
you see.

I am no longer able to examine these "bounced" messages and sort out and
read the ones that might be legitimate. I am setting the list software to
auto delete them all.

Please be certain that your post is mailed FROM your subscription account
and that it doesn't exceed 35k characters and that it is addressed to the
list address. Address it to the list only and not to a group of
recipients as mail to multi-recipients is perceived as spam by our list
software, thus bounced.

Your messages, so configured, will appear in just a few moments on the
desktops of eager recipients near and far. Thank you.

    David Anderson
     serving as list mailman